At the LPL Financial Accelerate conference in 2016, I had the opportunity to interview Ken Haman, Managing Director of the AB Advisor Institute. Over the years, I followed Mr. Haman and have been very impressed by the Higher Standard of Care process that he has created at AB. This process is something that we’ve implemented at Lake Avenue Financial and I believe more advisors can benefit from it as well.
Right after his keynote speech, I had a chance to interview Ken and ask him the following questions:
- Based on all the changes in our industry, why should advisors want to rethink the way they do business?
- What are some of the major headwinds that financial advisors will be facing in the near future?
- Should advisors be worried about the Robo-Advisor revolution or other disruptions?
- Is fee compression something that advisors should be concerned about?
- Why does the financial industry and the media want clients to question the value of the advisor?
- What is the Holistic Advisor?
- How does the AB Advisor Institute help advisors plan for the future and help them become a Holistic Advisor?
Watch the video below to hear Ken’s answers!